Fake or false nails are one of the most popular accessories today. Many celebrities, singers and Hollywood stars love to use false nails and attract eyes with their gorgeous nail shapes.
Not everybody have strong and thick nails that can easily shaped to many different nail shapes, just with a cut and filing session. If you are one of the people who can’t grow their nails easily and brake them while growing, but love long and different nail shapes and attract eyes there is the solution for you: acrylic nails.
Acrylic nails will be your savior if you want long nails. You can make many shapes with acrylic nails such as almond nails, long square nails, stiletto nails, mountain edge nails, squoval nails, round nails and much more.
It’s not only useful if you have weak nails. You can always benefit from acrylic nails if you are going attend events such as wedding or baby shower but don’t have time to grow nails to make amazing nail shapes.
Acrylic nails are not an easy nail type that you can do at your home. If you have already decided to get acrylic nails, make sure that you get them at a nail salon.
What are Acrylic Nails?
Acrylic nails are basically a mix of powder and liquid monomer. The mix is an homogenic matter and it can easily be shaped on your nails and then dried.
The best thing about acrylic nails is you can easily use all kind of nail polish on it.
How long does it take to get acrylic nails?
Acrylic nails must be applied on your nails by a professional technician. Each acrylic must be shaped the nail shape you want carefully. After the procedure, acrylic nails are very high maintenance. Getting acrylic nails will take around 45 minutes with the hands of a technician.
How long do acrylic nails last?
They can maintain six to eight weeks before they must be removed. This special high maintenance make acrylic nails an affordable choice. You have to know that you should definitely not wear acrylic nails more than six to eight weeks.
If you want to remove acrylic nails, the best way to do this is to go to a nail salon. But if you have to remove it by your own, acrylic nails can be removed by soaking each nail in acetone until they are soft enough.
What to keep in mind when getting acrylic nails?
The first you have to remember is keeping you nails healthy. You have to know that no shape or design is more important than you nail health. If you lose the health of your nails, it will be very hard to make them healthy again. As acrylic nails have strong chemicals in them, you should go to your nail salon regularly for a check.
You should certainly keep your nails dry. If you get your nails wet, you should dry them as soon as possible.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Acrylic Nails
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of acrylic nails for you to understand if acrylic nails are the right choice for you.
Advantages of Acrylic Nails
- If you are a person with weak nails and brake them while trying to grow your nails, acrylic nails are great for you.
- Acrylic nails are the right choice for you if you are chewing your nails as they are very hard to chew.
- Acrylic nails are very strong, and they last longer than you think (six or eight weeks). And at the time when you want to remove them, you can easily get it done at a nail salon.
- Acrylic nails are very affordable. So getting your natural nails grow and trying to shape them the way you want might not worth the time and effort.
Disadvantages of Acrylic Nails
- Acrylic nails can easily damage your natural nails. They involve strong chemicals. We advise you to ask about it to the professional at a nail salon before getting them done.
- Acrylic nails will not seem as real as your natural nails. They won’t seem as good as the shapes you done with your natural nails even a talented professional technician applies.