If you have broken your nails, then you must know that it’s one of the worst things to happen. You might be trying to grow your nails for a new nail shape or to make a different nail design for some time. But when your nail breaks, it means all of your effort gone and you need to start it all over again. You might break your nails after leaving the nail salon with stunning nail art and shape if you are looking for a worse scenario.
How to Fix Broken Nails
So, if you are reading this article, that certainly means you have been there and looking for a solution. If that’s the case, you are definitely in the right place.
First of all, don’t panic and don’t cry. Because Nailshapes.net is here! We have gathered the best solutions for you to easily fix your broken nail at home. You will be able to choose your method depending on the materials you have. Here are our great solutions!
The Gel and Silk Method
You should apply the gel and silk method if your nail is cracked and looks like it’s going to break off from your nail bed.
- First of all, clear your nail using a wet wipe. After cleaning your nail, you should buff your nail very carefully. Again, after cleaning the dust from buffing your nail it’s time to use the wrap.
- Cut the silk wrap on the same shape and size with your broken nail.
- Stick the broken part of your nail to your nail bed using gel and press & wait until it gets dry.
- Apply a clear gel to your nail.
- Stick the piece of silk wrap you cut before.
- Apply another coat of gel on the silk wrap to stick it better.
- Buff your nails using a nail buffer and apply another gel coat if you think you need it.
- Don’t forget the moisturize the skin around your nail.
Applying fake nail on your broken nail
Yes, we all know that broken nails don’t look as good as freshly applied acrylic nails. So if you think your broken nail isn’t looking easy to repair, you may want to apply a fake nail on it to make your nails look great again.
There are many fake nail types for you to apply. One of the best fake nails you can use on your broken nails for a quick makeup is press-on nails. Your nail will grow out while you hide them under press-on nails. You can easily remove press-on nails after your nail repairs.
If you want to learn how to safely remove fake nails at home CLICK HERE.
Mend your nail using soft glue
You should use nail glue to stick your nail if your nail is half-broken. If you are fine with mending your nail using a soft glue, then this is the right way for you. Get prepared and read carefully:
- First of all, you need to buff your broken nail with a nail buffer. Do it very lightly and carefully if you don’t want to make it worse.
- After buffing your nail, carefully apply two coats of nail glue. This will help you stick the crack together.
- If you are sure that the nail glue is dried, then you need to apply a coat of polish to help your nail stay fixed.
The Tea Bag Method
If you are looking for the most popular nail-fix method on the web, then this is your method. As most of us have tea bags in our homes, people prefer this method as it’s the easiest one.
- First of all, cut a piece of tea bag and shape it to the shape of your nail.
- Then, stick it on the crack of your nail using a brush-on glue.
- After buffing your nail, you can paint it with nail polish and it will look like you never have split your nail at all.
Cut other nails to match it
You may not like this method if you want your nail to stay long. However, the truth is you broke your nail and if you don’t want to use any additional elements such as a tea bag, a silk wrap or a glue; you need to trim the rest of your nails and to match.
To sum up, there are many ways you can fix your broken nails and you should know that it’s not the end of the world. However, if you don’t want to see it happen again, you need to take precautions before it happens.